JP's Academic Blog

This is My Assignment Blog

Name:
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota, United States

Hi, I'm Jennifer, better known as JP! I just recently graduated at Bemidji State and currently living in the Twin Cities area

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Berne's World: Final

I decided to send Berne an e-mail with some similar questions that I asked before, but since he was in my class, I could ask more personal questions. He replied the same day with these answers.

Are you happy you made a blog for this class? (why or why not)

I am very happy to have started a blog. One of my main reasons for taking the class was to learn about blogging and start using one. I see my personal blog as a way to get my thoughts out, and maybe discover something about myself in the process. I'm really intrigued by blogging, and the different forms blogs take.

Who do you want to reach out too, who do you want your audience to be? (aka, male, female, 50 yr olds?)

I don't necessarily write with a given audience in mind. Some of my posts are directed at certain people like friends or classmates, while others are more for myself. I am aware of the fact that I'm "out there", but I'm not too sure who, if anyone, my blog should be geared toward.

Do you know what type of audience you have now?

Right now, I'm aware that I'm being read by classmates, friends, and former Blogs and Wikis students. I know I've also been read by Clancy (Culture Cat) who left me a comment, and I would not be surprised if a few of her students have read my blog too...I occasionally leave comments on their class blog. Also, I've noticed a couple of random readers I don't have left comments, but there haven't been too many yet.

Question 4
What kind of message do you hope to send out to your audience?


I hope that people who read my blog are able to get a picture of who I am. I hope some of the things I post make people think, and want to respond, either through comments or on their own blog. Maybe someone might even learn something.


In Berne's answers, the sentence "I am aware of the fact that I'm "out there"" stuck in my head. Awhile back for another assignment I found this blog of a very young girl who wrote about being a lesbian, and some other personal information. I hope she did realize that what she wrote was being read by hundreds of people, because I felt like I was reading her diary, made me feel very uncomfortable. That's why I'm glad Beren knows he is "out there"

Berne's main audience is classmates and friends, which was different then the last blog I searched. Classmates are perfect examples of open audiences, in a class like Blogs and Wikis, you are forced to blog or comment on others. You get to know your first audience through their posting or comments, just how you would with anyone else in the blog world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home