JP's Academic Blog

This is My Assignment Blog

Name:
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota, United States

Hi, I'm Jennifer, better known as JP! I just recently graduated at Bemidji State and currently living in the Twin Cities area

Monday, October 18, 2004

Ditch Walker: Final

Question 1
Are you happy you made a blog for this class? (why or why not)


I'm happy. This is my first semester taking writing classes, and I think the blog has been a great way to get some practice. I also like the feedback I am able to get. And it's nice to be able to have something I've created after the work is done.

Question 2
Who do you want to reach out too, who do you want your audience to be? (aka, male, female, 50 yr olds?)


I haven't even thought about an audience. Blogging is so much different, for me, than say radio. I don't have any adds on my blog, so it is not really geared toward anyone.

The radio station I work at is geared toward an older audience. We play Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett type music to appease the older folks with money that live in the Brainerd lakes area.


Question 3
Do you know what type of audience you have now?


The age group is actually fairly diverse. I think most of the readers that visit almost everyday are either friends or classmates though. But I have had some old artists visit. I'm talking 60 plus. They have not left comments, but instead send me email, which is even more personal. I've notice people from the U of M are visiting as well.

Question 4
What kind of message do you hope to send out to your audience?


I hope the message is uplifting and motivational. The ditch can be a depressing place, but I hope to find and share the positive as well -- without ignoring reality.


After I received this e-mail, I was shocked to hear that he has 60 year old people viewing his blog, and I love the fact that they e-mail him, I do agree it is more personal that way. Having a wide variety of audience members is more beneficial then having just your friends viewing it. You receive comments from different people which can be an advantage to you. They might comment on things they like about your blog, or dislike, you can then change it to better fit their taste because blogs are not only meant for you, it’s meant for people to look at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home