JP's Academic Blog

This is My Assignment Blog

Name:
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota, United States

Hi, I'm Jennifer, better known as JP! I just recently graduated at Bemidji State and currently living in the Twin Cities area

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Spirit Infusion- Final

Why did you decide to make a blog?

Good question. I actually have several answers:
1. I find it fun
2. It's a great way to share my thoughts, things happening in our lives, and photos without sending mass emails out to people (that is so annoying).
3. My family loves it and if I don't put something up for a few days I start receiving complaint phone calls and emails.
4. I can write about my day once and then anyone can read it and I don't have to email a bunch of people. I can just tell them to look at the website if they want to know what's going on. (Or I'll reference it in a short email to them.)
5. I like to think a lot, read a lot, and I'm just a natural teacher so it allows me to think out loud sometimes and see if I hear feedback from other people. (I haven't done so much of that since school started in August and I'm teaching full time again. I chair a department so I have a lot going on.)


Who do you want to reach out too, who do you want your audience to be? (aka,
male, female, 50 yr olds?)


I don't know that I'm intending to reach out to anyone. I do know that my family reads it - both my family and my husband's family. I also know that several of my students like to log on and see what's going on. I haven't publicized it to all my classes, it's more like I tell a student here or there that I have a personal relationship with and feel like sharing with them.
My husband and I are involved in church and ministry and so we also hope that people we spend time with in church will read our website and interact with us about topics that are of interest. I love to discuss things about church and God - particularly about looking at ways to "do" church that aren't like church. (If that makes any sense.) If you look back at my blog and see some of the links to sites like Doug Pagitt's blog, Jordon Cooper, The Ooze, etc that might explain a little of what I am trying to say. I am growing weary of being in a spiritual place where we all look at the back of each other's heads. I'd rather be in relationship and dialogue in a place where people are real, vulnerable, honest, and authentic.

Do you know what type of audience you have now?


It's mostly my family, friends, and a group of students and graduates from the University I go to. Other than that, I'm not sure.

What kind of message do you hope to send out to your audience?

I think that's addressed above in my answer to who do I want to reach out to

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home